Hello, I'm Darek Kay! 👋
I'm a front-end developer and an accessibility advocate. I love sharing what I know through my blog, teaching and speaking at conferences. If you want to learn more about what I do, look at all the awesome things I'm building to make people's lives better. 💖
- Quick Tip — Cut/Copy the whole line in your editor
- Using LF line endings on WindowsEnforce consistent line endings in your Git repositories.
- Designing an accessible color palette with magic numbersAn approach for structuring color palettes to prevent contrast ratio issues.
- Creating a custom GitHub profile pageDisplay self-updating content on your GitHub profile README.
- Quick Tip — Local history in IntelliJ IDEA
- Quick Tip — Bypass a blocked context menu in Firefox
- GitLab CI monorepo setupContinuous integration with GitLab for multi-module repositories.
- Git misconceptions: Rewriting historyDon't fear history-changing Git commands — embrace them instead.
- Implementing an accessible focus indicatorTechniques and gotchas for creating a focus ring for the web.
- Would you survive a skydive with an emoji parachute?A skydiver rates parachute emojis.
- The state of accessible web UI frameworksAn accessibility review for popular CSS UI component libraries.
- Skydiving memoirs
- Advanced Todoist tips & tricksGet the most out of your todo manager.
- Tomorrow Evening theme for IntelliJ IDEADark Tomorrow color scheme for IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, PhpStorm, PyCharm and Android Studio.
- Various ways to include comments on your static siteOverview of different techniques to implement comments using a static site generator.
- Recommended IntelliJ IDEA settingsImprove your IntelliJ IDEA workflow by tweaking the default IDE settings.
- Puzzle solving tool for GeocachingA small tool to solve common cipher patterns used in Geocaching.
- Script crashes before 10 a.m.
- Private ignore files for Git and MercurialClean up your VCS ignore files by extracting personal rules into a local file.
- My Putty color schemeA simple and nice-looking color theme for the Putty SSH client.
- How to merge duplicate songs on Google MusicRemove duplicate song entries in your Google Music All Access library.
- Export tool for TodoistA small open source tool to backup Todoist data as JSON.
- Monokai Theme for IntelliJ IDEAMonokai color scheme for IntelliJ IDEA, PhpStorm, WebStorm and PyCharm.
- Solve the redirect loop problem in WordpressA quick guide to solve the 'This webpage has a redirect loop' error message when using WordPress with SSL and iThemes Security.
- Have you recently checked your Myspace account?How to access and remove your old Myspace account once and for all.
- Another password leak — oh, it must be Tuesday!Make your data more secure by following some basic rules, including using strong passwords and two-factor authentication.
- Turn Notepad++ into a log file analyzerAdd syntax highlighting for log files in Notepad++.
- What The Commit — Plugin for IntelliJ IDEAA plugin for IntelliJ IDEA that loads a random commit message from whatthecommit.com.
- Trakt.tv backupA service for exporting all user data (library, ratings, watchlist) from trakt.tv as JSON.
- Google Play Music playlist backupHow to export all Google Music All Access playlists to HTML using a Python script.
- IntelliJ IDEA shortcuts for Eclipse usersAn easy way to learn IntelliJ IDEA key bindings for Eclipse developers.
- Compiling Sencha GXT showcaseA guide on how to get the Sencha GXT Explorer Demo up and running.
- Embed YouTube HD videos in WordpressA quick tip to force Youtube to show HD videos in embedded Wordpress posts.
- Hot-air balloon jumpHow does it feel to jump out of a hot air balloon for the first time?
- Empuriabrava skydiving course 2013Detailed report of my AFF skydiving course in Empuriabrava, including a complete video.
- MooMovies — A personal movie databaseMy personal movie management software written in Vaadin/GWT.